Thursday, April 29, 2010

On Lutherans and Responsibility 04 29 2010

On Lutherans and Responsibility 04 29 2010

I asked a an old friend of mine who was a Lutheran what exactly they believe in and the gist of what he told me is that it doesn’t matter what you do that in life that is bad or wrong and that you can do whatever you want in life as long as at the time of your death you asked to be saved.

Who would teach people to believe this? This is the exact opposite of responsibility and does not foster responsibility in our society.

Interesting enough a writer I met recently who is probably 20 years older than I am and married a Lutheran woman told me when that Lutherans were taught and raised to hate Catholics.

Another Lutheran once said to me, “You can always tell who a Lutheran is because they are the ones who look like, “They always ate the whole thing.””

Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment